Pokémon Crystal Version is the 3rd and final Generation II core collection ready Video game Child Shade. It was released as a solitary version to Pokémon Silver and gold, which were released one year before. It was released in Japan on December 14, 2000, in The United States And Canada on July 29, 2001, and also in Europe on November 2, 2001.
It included numerous fixes and also some brand-new additions, most notably the introduction of the option to play as a lady. It takes place around Johto like Silver And Gold, with access to Kanto approved later in the video game, with the gamer's beginning town being New Bark Community.
The Japanese variation had much more new attributes, all pertaining to a mobile phone-related linking innovation useful via the Pokémon Mobile System GB when attaching a Mobile Video game Child Adapter to a Game Child Color or Game Kid Advance (initial or SP).
The game was launched on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console on January 26, 2018.
The gamer is contacted us to Teacher Elm's laboratory to run a duty. He provides the gamer with among 3 Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile to help them reach Mr. Pokémon's residence. The gamer satisfies Kanto's very own Teacher Oak throughout the duty for Elm. Oak, convinced that the player has started their own Pokémon journey, gives them a Pokédex. Heading back, the player is struck by a spiteful and also mysterious Pokémon Fitness instructor. Upon the player's return to New Bark Community, they are informed that a person has broken into Professor Elm's laboratory as well as has actually swiped a Pokémon, the same Pokémon that the Fitness instructor from earlier battled with (the Pokémon that the gamer's starter is weak against); much more so, that identical Fitness instructor fits the summary of the Pokémon burglar. This Fitness instructor will come to be the gamer's competitor for the program of the video game, having numerous conflicts with the gamer as to what it indicates to be the globe's biggest Pokémon Trainer.
Team Rocket has returned with a brand-new perspective, given that the loss of their leader Giovanni, and also once more tries to take control of the world, starting with the Johto area. They begin with petty points (such as cutting off the tails of Slowpoke to offer as food for a high price) prior to coming to be more unscrupulous, such as a plan to use superhigh frequency to unnaturally cause evolution in some Pokémon at the Lake of Rage near Mahogany community. When the gamer beats or captures the Red Gyarados rampaging in the lake, Lance will certainly arrive and also praise the gamer for their fighting and demands that the gamer assist him find the resource of the radio signals. When the player returns to Mahogany town and also goes into the Memento Shop, they will certainly find Lance and his Dragonite threatening the man in the shop. A secret door will open up to the Rocket base, which was disclosed by a Rocket Grunt to be an old ninja hideout. After the gamer defeats the Rocket Exec found in the hideout, Lance asks the player to aid him knock out the Electrode powering the maker generating the radio waves.
After finishing this task, Lance many thanks the player and gives them the HM Whirlpool. After the player defeats Pryce – the leader of Mahogany Health club – Teacher Elm will certainly call the player and tell them about uncommon programs from the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City. When the player gets to Goldenrod City, it is disclosed that Team Rocket has taken control of the Radio Tower, their intent being to attempt to call their missing leader, Giovanni, and also persuade him to return to Group Rocket. Additionally, the Supervisor of the Goldenrod terminal has been kidnapped and replaced by an impostor. After the player beats the impostor, he will tell them the place of the actual Director. When the gamer frees the actual Director, he will provide the player the Card Key, which opens the door on 3F of the Radio Tower and also leads to the Rocket Executive currently accountable of the team. The player beats the executive and Group Rocket formally disbands for a second time. The Supervisor awards the player with a Clear Bell.
Throughout the experience, the gamer will certainly also stumble upon Suicune, a Legendary Pokémon that goes across Johto after the gamer awakens the 3 Fabulous monsters from their rest at the Shed Tower. Unlike Raikou as well as Entei, Suicune pays attention to the player; likewise, Eusine reveals interest in Suicune, having sought it for ten years and ultimately seeing it thanks to the player. As Eusine challenges the player to a battle near Cianwood City, it becomes clear that Eusine wishes to gain Suicune's regard to make sure that he can find out what it is that it takes care of. Nonetheless, it is when the gamer is turned over with the Clear Bell that the Wise Triad enable them to go into the Tin Tower, where Suicune has arrived to place them to the examination. Later on in the tale, after the gamer has shown their ability to touch the hearts of Pokémon by catching all three of the Legendary beasts, Ho-Oh returns to the Tin Tower after 150 years of screening humans from afar.
As in all previous video games, the primary goal of the gamer is to beat all the Gym Leaders of Johto, win all 8 Badges, as well as take on the Elite 4 and also the existing Pokémon Organization Champion. Afterward, the gamer will have the ability to take a trip to the area of Kanto and also handle the Kanto Fitness Center Leaders for their Badges. After winning all eight Badges, Professor Oak will offer the player approval to visit Mt. Silver and deal with the protagonist from Generation I, Red.
- The most recent in the Gold & Silver series!
- Travel back to the globe of Johto as the Gold & Silver collection proceeds with brand-new attributes! Whether you read the fresh descriptions in your Pokédex, utilizing the special kind feature to arrange your Pokémon in brand-new means, watching the all-new fight computer animations, or finding another method to record Suicune, you'll need every one of your Poké-skills to grasp Pokémon Crystal on your Video Game Kid Shade!
- Open the secrets of the Unown! All-new challenges and also benefits await you in the Damages of Alph!
- Hammer out the Fight Tower, a challenging competition including Johto's finest trainers!
- For the very first time, play as a male or women fitness instructor!
- Trade with Gold, Silver, Red, Blue, and Yellow variations to capture 'em all!
- Compatible with Pokémon Arena 2 for the Nintendo 64!
- Adjustments from Pokémon Silver And Gold
- A women gamer character, Kris, is presented, marking the very first time gamers can choose the gender of their character. The choice is totally aesthetic and does not impact gameplay or the story.
- The gamer sprite for Kris is blue rather than red, this also puts on the Browsing sprite. Pokémon sprites on the event screen, in addition to the sprite that shows up when Fly is used, continue to be red for both Kris and also Ethan.
- To accommodate for this function, some lines of dialogue that referred to the gamer's sex have been revised to be gender-neutral. As an example, Blue calls the player character "Johto Champ" rather than "Johto young boy".
- When entering a location, its name is shown on-screen. This attribute is continued in all succeeding games.
- Numerous places have had their graphics changed:
- The Bellsprout sculptures in Sprout Tower are currently off-white instead of gold.
- The Goldenrod Video Game Edge and Celadon Video Game Corner are both upgraded with a various color pattern and a new design for the vending machine.
- The Goldenrod Radio Tower has a subtly various color design, as well as the 2nd floor has actually been mostly upgraded with the enhancement of Buena's workshop and brand-new furniture.
- The pond in National forest now has a water fountain in the center, as well as a drinking fountain is included next to the benches in the south of the park.
- The Burned Tower appears as a noticeably burnt-out building on the outside. The interior is now dark and also has a different layout.
- The exterior of the Radiance Lighthouse has changed, with a new window style on top making it more noticeably look like a lighthouse.
- The Ice Course is redesigned with a bright blue ice-like appearance. Some of the challenges within have likewise been changed.
- Lance's area at the Indigo Plateau now has a draconic appearance, with the generic sculptures in the area being changed with Dratini sculptures.
- The dining establishments in Olivine City, Celadon City, and also Fuchsia City feature a brand-new design with a various color pattern.
- In the Celadon Manor, there is an Easter agitate the right side of the staircase that leads up from the roofing system's entrance/exit. Interacting with this wall produces the text "There's graffiti on the wall surface … added a moustache!"
- Pokémon sprites are currently computer animated.
Pokémon sprites have actually been updated:
- Front sprites for every Pokémon now play a short animation upon getting in fight and a longer one when the Pokémon's profile is watched. This feature wasn't carried forward once again until Pokémon Emerald green.
- While the majority of the Pokémon preserve their sprites from either Gold or Silver, particular Pokémon, such as Houndoom and Croconaw, were provided brand-new ones. This includes some Pokémon who had similar sprites in both Silver and gold, like Sneasel as well as Suicune.
- The W Unown was redesigned, and its brand-new style is made use of in all succeeding games.
- A few Pokémon, such as Spinarak, Magnemite as well as Sneasel, were recolored to extra carefully match their main artwork.
- Numerous of the Pokémon that were redrawn have different back sprites.
- Certain Trainers have different dialogue to Silver and gold.
- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune have their own unique fight theme when the player encounters them in the wild, making Crystal the very first video game to sport special Epic Pokémon fight music.
- The user interface utilized throughout Game Web link Wire professions was upgraded. Gold and Silver used a simple black on white trading interface that corresponded the one used in the Generation I games, mostly to retain compatibility with older Game Young boy systems. In Crystal, the menus were spruced up with complete shade on a black history, a layout which much better suits the abilities of the Video game Young Boy Shade.
- Turf is currently existing on the eastern side of Path 36, west of Violet City. In this lawn, Growlithe can be captured, permitting gamers to acquire a Fire-type pokemon crystal rom download a lot earlier than in various other variations (assuming they did pass by Cyndaquil), as well as making a big difference in the availability of Fire-types for locations like the Azalea Health Club as well as the Sprout Tower, where Fire-types are incredibly reliable.
- Much like in the Japanese Pokémon Blue and all releases of Pokémon Yellow, changes are made to readily available wild Pokémon:
- A number of Pokémon that were unique to either Gold or Silver, like Gligar and Skarmory, can be found in Crystal. However certain species that were offered in both variations, like the Mareep family, are not readily available in Crystal.
- Sneasel shows up in the Ice Course, whereas in Silver and gold it can only be found in Mt. Silver.
- Magmar can no longer be discovered in the Melted Tower, instead appearing solely in Mt. Silver.
- A few of the wild Pokémon that appear in Kanto have been altered.
- Mass outbreaks can now just occur with among 3 Pokémon as opposed to one of seven. Tauros, Marill as well as Snubbull are currently easily readily available in the wild, and also the latter was moved.
- Some Pokémon that are readily available whatsoever times of the day in Gold and Silver, like Smeargle or Tauros, are now totally diurnal or nocturnal.
- Some instructor placements in the overworld have actually been adjusted.
- Numerous brand-new Instructors have actually been added, several of which can only be fought when certain conditions are satisfied. For instance, Pokéfan Jaime on Route 39 can only be battled in the evening. Some of these new fitness instructors will not lock eyes with the player, and also when talked with won't play the "experience" songs prior to taking part in fight.
- The Goldenrod Outlet store features a new rooftop area. Sales are occasionally held here, which the player is notified concerning if Camper Todd's number is registered in the Pokégear.
- The Flower shop in Goldenrod City has been relocated a little additionally from the main road and also enhanced with flowers, making it stick out from the surrounding structures.
- A Battle Tower, the initial in the collection, is now existing to the north of Route 40.
- Cianwood City has been slightly expanded further northwards, with the enhancement of the Poké Seer's residence and a small ledge.
- The design of Mt. Mortar is significantly various compared to Silver and gold.
- The Dragon's Den has actually gotten a number of alterations: the Dragon Shrine can be gone into, some Headbutt trees are included straight behind Shrine, and also the Den itself is currently inhabited with trainers.
- Ho-Oh and Lugia can only be caught after finishing the game and getting to Kanto. They are both at degree 60.
- Ho-Oh can be captured after Raikou, Entei, and also Suicune are all caught and also Eusine is talked to in Celadon City.
- Lugia can be caught after acquiring the Silver Fly Pewter City, like in Pokémon Gold.
- Changes have been made to the Damages of Alph. This consists of more common Unown, in addition to a new subplot– completing sufficient problems permits the player to review a secret message left behind by the Unown. It suggests that the Unown were left by the ancient human being that created the Ruins of Alph, which the statuaries that line the interior were made by those people.
- Trainers that call the player on the mobile phone now have distinct personalities (one speak about shopping, one more regarding grooming and so on), as well as require reasons aside from fighting, such as providing the player things, or educating them of an unusual Pokémon appearing (Wade offers the player Berries, Alan provides a Fire Stone, and so on). In Silver and gold they all say the same phrase, with just the names of the Pokémon they reference changing.
- A new radio show, Buena's Password, has actually been added. Gamers can pay attention out for a password on their Pokégear radio and also inform Buena the password to receive factors, which can be spent to redeem rewards.
- The function to reset the appear non-Japanese and non-Korean versions of Gold and Silver remains, although it is currently more difficult to access.
- On the title display, the gamer should first hold the ↓, SELECT, and also B switches.
- While holding SELECT, they must release ↓ as well as B.
- Still holding SELECT, they have to currently hold ← and ↑.
- Lastly, the gamer should launch SELECT.
- Kurt can currently make numerous Spheres from very same colored Apricorns concurrently.
- The Odd Egg can be obtained from the Day-Care Male after speaking to him for the very first time.
- 15 Pokémon have changed level-up movesets; nevertheless, all other than Suicune just have a solitary change.
- Some insects with the fight technicians were dealt with; nevertheless, the game does a check when it spots a Web link fight to make use of the older and also buggy auto mechanics in order to preserve compatibility with Pokémon Silver and gold. This occurs also between linked gamers of Pokémon Crystal video games.
- Similarly, the game also carries out a check that partially transforms Kris into Ethan at the Wire Club and also Time Pill spaces, even if all the players utilizing the Cable Club rooms are specifically playing Pokémon Crystal.
- A Pokémon's friendship can be raised better by training in the exact same place where the Pokémon has actually been caught or hatched out.
- The player has to first satisfy the flower shop's assistant on Path 36, that after that heads back to notify her boss concerning the unusual tree obstructing the path, before the SquirtBottle can be gotten.
- Suicune, as opposed to being a side Legendary Pokémon, has a noticeable duty in the video game's storyline. Stiring Up the Legendary Beasts is now a requirement for difficult Morty. After this, the player will constantly discover Suicune in different areas throughout Johto. After receiving a Clear Bell (where in Gold and Silver, the Rainbow or Silver Wing would be obtained rather), the player will have a possibility to battle as well as catch it in the Tin Tower, and also it will not run away.
- A brand-new character, Eusine, is contributed to the game. He is looking for Suicune too, and also will fight the gamer in Cianwood City to gain its regard.
- The chain of events to obtain the Increasing Badge is changed. Whereas in Gold and Silver it entails a journey to the Dragon's Den to obtain the Dragon Fang, it currently includes going into the Dragon Temple within the Den. There, Clair's grandfather and also leader of the dragon-user clan quizzes the player on their style of battling. Clair gets here and also still rejects to turn over her Badge after the gamer passes. In reaction, her grandfather intimidates to tell her relative, Lance, of whom Clair is horrified. If all the questions are answered correctly, the player will get a Dratini that knows ExtremeSpeed upon returning and also speaking to Clair's grandpa.
- The local releases of Crystal, while enhancing the mechanics of Pokémon Gold and Silver, did not repeat a variety of newer attributes that the Japanese version had obtained:
- In the Japanese version, Celebi might be captured at Ilex Forest after finishing a short side-mission. An unique event requiring the Pokémon Mobile System GB allowed gamers to obtain the GS Round. This item, given by a nurse at the Pokémon Interaction Center in Goldenrod City, might be taken to Kurt in Azalea Community to investigate. After a day passes, Kurt gives back the GS Sphere to the gamer as well as inquires to inspect the uneasy Ilex Woodland. Taking the GS Sphere to the shrine at Ilex Forest summons a degree 30 Celebi to battle. Although that the GS Sphere was unavailable overseas without cheating or hacking, the occasion was converted and adapted to the regular Pokémon Facility in Goldenrod City of the Western releases of Crystal, suggesting that it was meant for the localizations to include the occasion, yet was later on ditched.
- Goldenrod City's Pokémon Center was changed by a much larger structure, the previously mentioned Pokémon Interaction Center. The localizations returned it to the Pokémon Center of Pokémon Silver And Gold while transforming a few of the NPCs to match those in the Pokémon Communication Center.
- Players can link to trade or fight through the use of the Mobile Video Game Boy Adapter and the previously pointed out Pokémon Mobile System GB.
- Gamers could leave a Pokémon as well as an ask for the Pokémon species that it be traded for at the Pokémon Interaction Center's Trade Edge. A gamer can likewise watch Pokémon up for profession from other players, as well as trade with them. This resembles the existing Global Trade System of the Generation IV as well as later on video games.
- The Pokémon Information Machine at the Pokémon Interaction Facility upgraded over the Pokémon Mobile System GB. Pokémon News was assembled from the conserved video game information of players throughout Japan, enabling gamers to check out other gamers' journeys.
- The Day-Care Male at the Pokémon Day Care on Course 34 offered an Egg Ticket which, when required to the Profession Corner at the Pokémon Communication Center, could be traded for an Odd Egg which hatched right into a baby Pokémon that knows Dizzy Punch as well as has a 50% chance of being Shiny. In the localizations, the Day-Care Man rather hands out the Odd Egg himself and also it only has a 14% opportunity of being Shiny.
- The Battle Tower does not attach to the Pokémon Mobile System GB in the localization versions and is open in any way times.
Cartridges of the Generation II video games normally shed the capacity to save in a shorter amount of time than duplicates of other Pokémon games as a result of the battery keeping both the saved game and real-time clock information, creating it to drain pipes quicker. A sign of a battery running dry is the game's lack of ability to monitor the moment appropriately and also the mistake message TIME NOT SET may likewise appear on the title screen.
The cartridge memory is powered by a CR2025 or a CR2032 battery. Considering that it powers the memory consisting of the save data, the battery running out or disturbing the power by removing the battery will certainly create any kind of present save file to be gotten rid of and also internal clock to be reset. Exterior power sources and 3rd party gadgets have actually been used to maintain or backup and bring back the conserve file to and from an outside memory or a personal computer.